June 25, 2018
Enercare Smarter Home Door Bell FAQ’s
Sometimes cool things come in small packages and the Enercare Smarter Home Doorbell is no exception. To help you get started in understanding your new doorbell, here are some answers to some frequently asked questions.
1. What if someone knocks instead of ringing the doorbell?
The doorbell has a motion sensor that you can activate in the mobile app. If someone is at your door for more than 10 seconds, the motion sensor will activate and you will receive an alert so you can view the video feed.
2. How do I adjust the sensitivity of my motion sensor?
You will need to login to the Enercare Smarter Home Portal.
- Log into your account
- Click “Video” on the left side of the screen
- Click “Settings”
- Click “Video Motion Detection”
- Choose doorbell from video device drop down at the top of the page
- On this screen, it will allow you to adjust the sensitivity as well as the target size
- Click “Save”
3. Will the doorbell let me know if someone is at my door when I’m not home?
Yes, you can see who is at your door from anywhere in the world.
4. Can I turn the chime off my doorbell?
Yes, you can use the silent mode any time you need it to be quiet.
5. If my WiFi stops working, will my doorbell stop working too?
Your doorbell ‘s chime will still work but it won’t be able to send alerts or take video.
6. Will my doorbell stop working if my mobile phone’s battery has run out?
No, your doorbell will work normally. It's not dependent on your mobile phone.
7. Does my doorbell need to be protected from the elements?
The doorbell is built to withstand harsh environments like hot and cold weather. As well, the doorbell is sealed to help keep moisture out.
8. Why is my doorbell turning red?
This means that your doorbell isn’t connected to your WiFi.
9. What are the doorbell’s video specs?
Field of view: 120-130 degrees
FPS (frames per second): this will depend on the speed of your connection The system will automatically scale the fps so there is less risk of a dropped connection.
HD specs: 1080p
10. How is my privacy ensured?
The cameras use password protection to prevent access from outside the Enercare website and the Enercare cameras employ advanced MD5-based “digest authentication” for user authentication. More simply, it’s the same kind of technology that banks use to ensure your privacy and security.
If you require further assistance, please contact the Enercare Smarter Home team at Smarterhome@enercare.ca or 1-833-99-SMART.