July 25, 2018
How to use your Smarter Home Smart Socket
Enercare Smarter Home Smart Sockets allow you to create schedules, monitor energy usage and remotely control any electrical device in your home at the push of a button.
Installing your Smart Socket:
- Insert your Smart Socket into any 110V electrical wall outlet inside your home.
- Plug your device into the Smart Socket and turn this device on by clicking the indent at the corner of the socket.
- Log-in to the Enercare Smarter Home Portal.
- From the dashboard, select the Lights card and a list of all available devices will be displayed.
Select the device that is plugged into the Smart Socket and click "Turn Off" or "Turn On" from the app to directly control this device.
To better organize your devices, you can choose to rename it by selecting the gear at the top left corner and entering a different name in the space provided.
- Log into the Enercare Smarter Home Portal.
- Click on the arrow at the top right of the Lights card on the dashboard.
- Select “Schedules” located at the top of the page.
- At the top right of the page, select the blue button “+ Add New Schedule”.
Name your rule in the space provided to better distinguish this rule.
Under "Select Devices", choose the device that is plugged into the Smart Socket.
Select the day(s) you wish this schedule to take effect.
From the drop-down menu under “Perform these scheduled actions” select the action (turn on or off) and select the time of day you wish this action to take place.
Once you save your schedule, you can view it from the “Schedule” tab at any time.
You can edit your schedule details by selecting the pencil icon located on the right of the listed schedule.
Modify your schedule details as you prefer and select "Save" for these new changes to take effect.