June 25, 2018
Smarter Home temperature sensor
The Smarter Home temperature sensor works together with your Enercare Smarter Home thermostat to help manage your comfort.
Using a temperature sensor helps create a more balanced temperature throughout your home. The sensor does this by communicating the temperature of the room where it is located and the thermostat does an average of the rooms and adjusts accordingly. Or, you can set your HVAC equipment to use the temperature sensor as it's temperature guide.
The sensor needs to be placed in an area with good airflow so it can get an accurate temperature reading. It shouldn't be placed near a source of hot or cool air or covered in any way which would make the temperature reading incorrect.
Adding a notification for a critical temperature alert
- Log into the Enercare Smarter Home Portal.
- Click on "Notification" on the right side.
- Click on blue "New Notification" button at the top right.
- Select "Temperature" and the "Temperature Alert".
- Select the device you wish to be notified of.
- Choose temperatures you would like to be notified about, add recipients and select devices.
- Click "Save".