Emergency Response Service


Emergency response

Enercare’s Customer Care Centre is available 24/7 to help in the event of an emergency. We are committed to working with you to make sure that any problem is resolved as quickly as possible.

Smell gas?

If you detect even a small amount of natural gas, don't stay - get away. Your safety is key.

Then, only when you're safe, contact your natural gas provider or local emergency services.

Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc.: 1 866-763-5427
Union Gas Utility: 1 877-969-0999
Kingston Utilities: 613-546-1181
Kitchener Utilities: 519-741-2541

If you smell gas, remember:

  • Don't turn electrical switches, appliances or computers on or off
  • Don't use your telephone or cell phone at that location - call your gas provider from a safe distance
  • Don't start vehicles or motors
  • Don't use a lighter or matches
  • Don't smoke


Enercare | Emergency Response Service

Service Disconnected due to Non-Payment

If your electricity service has been disconnected due to non-payment of your Enercare metered services account, Enercare must receive full payment of the electricity and electricity related charges in arrears, together with the disconnection and reconnection fees.

Please note that additional fees apply for after hour reconnection requests.

While the electricity is off, take care when using alternative lighting, cooking and heating equipment. Review our Safety Tips and take precautions to make sure everyone stays safe. 

Safety Tips

Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms

These alarms are essential for your family’s safety. Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms electrically connected to your home’s power supply will not work when the electricity is off, unless they have battery back-ups. Test your alarms to find out if they work.

Make sure your home has a battery-operated smoke alarm on every level and a battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm. If you rent your unit, you are responsible for notifying your landlord that the unit is without electricity.

Heating and cooking

Make sure electric stove elements, ovens, kettles, frying pans, clothes irons, hair dryers, and the like are OFF or unplugged to prevent fires from starting when the electricity is restored.

Think carefully before you bring a fuel-burning appliance into your home. Any device that burns fuel requires oxygen to burn properly and ventilation to remove the deadly products of combustion. Carbon monoxide is produced by any device fuelled by natural gas, propane, heating oil, kerosene, coal, charcoal, gasoline or wood. It is a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas that can be deadly.