We all have spent a lot of time this year thinking about cleanliness and sanitation. We scrub clean our hands after every interaction with a stranger. We wear face masks to protect our family, friends, and community. And for many of us, we consider our homes a safe, clean sanctuary — a respite from the outside world and its stressors.
Combining your furnace and air conditioner with air treatment products can help make the air inside your home safer and cleaner.
How You Can Purify Your Home's Air
Your home's air filtration system, composed of proper ventilation and a high-efficiency air filter, traps tiny airborne particles when your furnace or air conditioner replenish your home with fresh air from outside. In homes with old or inflexible systems, you may want to consider upgrading your HVAC hardware.
You can improve the air purity and decrease airborne pollutants by installing a HEPA air filter or air-filtration system with a MERV rating of 17-20. You can further sanitize your home's air with UV lights, Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV), Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV), and duct-cleaning. Other important upgrades include installing a high performance air treatment system or replacing a fixed-speed fan motor with a variable-speed one. This will enhance the control of airflow and allow for a minimum setting that produces lower speed airflow. Here's a breakdown of these HVAC upgrades, all of which Enercare offers.
- Designed for particulate, bioburden and VOC removal.
- Offers perfect stage 3 seal filtration, which is the technology used in surgical rooms.
- Short-wave UV Light effectively sterilizes the air and "deactivates" pathogens that pass through it.1
- Reduces odours and vapours, as well as mould, bacteria, viruses, and allergens.1
- UV systems have been tested and achieve up to a *99.999996% reduction in microorganisms.1
- Ducts are a collection source for dirt, dust, mould, pollen and pet dander and can aggravate allergies.
- Heavily soiled ducts can also cause your HVAC equipment to not work efficiently, which could cause you to use more energy to heat and cool your home.
- Provide fresh air while exhausting an equal amount of stale air, and transfer a percentage of the heat from the stale air to the fresh air.
- Help prevent moisture build-up, toxic mould, and rot.
- Control moisture levels in your home by keeping excess moisture out in hotter months and retaining moisture in the home during the drier winter months.
- Runs at different speeds to precisely control the flow of heated or cooled air throughout your home.
- When the fan is in constant operation, the motor slowly circulates air, allowing your air filters to capture more contaminants.
Right now, get a new furnace or air conditioner including maintenance and repair for the lifetime of the equipment and don't pay until 2021!*
Why Choose Enercare for Safer Air Solutions
Our HVAC technicians have the knowledge and expertise to help you determine which air treatment products are best suited to help make to make your home a safer place.
- Enercare technicians are fully licensed with WSIB, TSSA, and ESA certifications.
- Fixed price quote, including all parts and labour – no hidden charges.
- We have a team of over 700 fully licensed and certified HVAC technicians, electricians and plumbers.
- 24/7 Customer Support Centre.
- We provide all permits required for a job.
- Schedule appointments conveniently on our mobile app and track your technician en route.
- We service every make and model.
- We confidently back our products and services with worry-free guarantees including: Home Comfort, No Surprises, No Lemon, Environmental Focus and Property Protection and Client Respect.
- With a 4.7 score on Google and 87% 5-star reviews, our customers agree that we work hard to deliver the best service**.
Furnace Rebates Available
Available Rebates for Energy Efficiency Projects
- Local gas and electricity utility companies are offering rebates for replacing your furnace, boiler, water heater and making other home energy efficiency upgrades. Ask us how you could qualify and put money in your pocket.
- Get up to $5,000 in rebates if you live in an Enbridge or Union Gas qualified area.†