What is an ENERGY STAR® label and why is it important to have?
An ENERGY STAR certification is earned when certain products meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. By choosing ENERGY STAR certified heating and cooling equipment, you can enhance the comfort of your home while saving energy. Saving energy helps you save money on utility bills and protect the climate by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. ENERGY STAR certified boilers with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (A.F.U.E.) rating starting at 87% are considered to be energy efficient. If your equipment does not have an ENERGY STAR label on it, it may be using more energy than is necessary, ultimately costing you more money.1
How do I know if my boiler system produces heat using water or steam?
As boiler technology advances, it can sometimes be difficult to determine how your equipment produces heat. We highly recommend having one of our Enercare EMCs come to your home to assess your equipment and make the distinction.
What is an EMC?
An “EMC” is an Enercare Energy Management Consultant. They are equipped to evaluate the amount of energy loss in your home (for example, due to faulty, inefficient or old equipment) and offer energy advice and solutions tailored to your needs.
Is there a cost to have my current boiler assessed?
No, our EMCs provide a FREE in-home assessment to determine the best option for your heating needs.
Can a combination boiler fit in any home?
No, combination boilers have certain requirements and cannot be installed in every home. Book an appointment with an Enercare EMC to see which available options are best for your home.
Does Enercare sell boilers?
Yes, we sell and rent boilers.
How long does a boiler last?
While some boilers last longer than others, the useful life of a boiler is typically between 15 and 20 years. If your current boiler is in this age range, it may be time to consider getting a new boiler.
When should I change my boiler?
- While every boiler is different, there are many telltale signs that suggest your boiler might need replacing:
- If your boiler does not have an ENERGY STAR® label on it. Boilers with an ENERGY STAR label can be up to 12% more efficient than models that simply meet the U.S. federal minimum standard for energy efficiency.1
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold. This is a sign that heat is not being evenly distributed and may indicate that your equipment is not working as efficiently as it should.
- Your boiler is creating excessive noise.
It may also be time to change your boiler when a certified technician deems your boiler to have exceeded its useful life.
How can I change a boiler and also stay within my budget?
At Enercare, we have a wide range of boilers to choose from for almost any budget. Our EMCs will be able to offer you advice based on your home’s needs and family budget during a free in-home consultation.
Why is Enercare better?
- Home Comfort Guarantee - We’ll ensure a correctly-sized heating and cooling system for your home. If the temperature at your thermostat varies more than 3 degrees from 21 degrees in winter and 25 degrees in summer, we will make the necessary modifications for no additional charge.
- No Surprises Guarantee - The price we quote is the price you pay. Our No Surprises Guarantee protects you from any additional installation costs of your heating and cooling system.
- No Lemon Guarantee - We’ll install a brand new air conditioner or furnace if the compressor or heat exchanger fails within the first 5 years. Plus, we’ll provide you with a new 5-year No Lemon Guarantee from the date of installation.
- Environmental Focus Guarantee - We are committed to operating in an environmentally responsible way by recycling as many items as possible from metal, circuit boards and cardboard to batteries. Our goal is to keep as much waste as possible out of landfills.
- Property Protection and Client Respect - Our installers will respect and protect your property while in your home. If we don’t get it right, you’ll receive 2 years of maintenance on your new equipment at no charge.