In this regard we ask that you note the following
- Always ensure the area near the water heater or any other natural gas appliance is free of flammable liquids, such as gasoline or paint thinners and other combustible materials.
- All natural gas appliances require air for proper combustion and ventilation. Never store material around your natural gas water heater, or any other gas appliances. Ensure installations in tight enclosures have sufficient air supply from other areas of the home or directly from the outside.
- Inspect the area around the water heater on a regular basis for any sign of water leakage. If you identify water leaking from the unit please call Enercare for service and ensure that your floor drain is unobstructed. It is your responsibility to ensure that the water heater is located in an area with sufficient drainage in the vicinity and that the drainage is open and unrestricted, and we will therefore not be responsible for damage caused if the water heater leaks.
- Never wrap your Enercare natural gas water heater with an insulating blanket. This could cause severe operational issues for the unit and may result in the production of carbon monoxide.
- For your safety, if you smell gas, immediately open windows, don’t touch electrical switches, extinguish any open flame and IMMEDIATELY CALL YOUR NATURAL GAS SUPPLIER AND/OR DIAL 9-1-1.
- Call Enercare for service if you see any sign of carbon/soot or rust on the bottom, sides or top of the water heater.
- Never try to re-light the pilot on your rental water heater. Call Enercare for service.
- Confirm the operation of the carbon monoxide detectors in your home by testing it on a regular basis. We recommend that you follow all manufacturer recommendations for testing and/or replacement of the carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
- Inspect the vent connector (plastic or metal) coming from the top of the unit routing to the outside for cracks, separations or signs of water leakage. Call Enercare immediately for service if any defects are found.
If you own the home or premises in which the rental natural gas water heater is located, but do not reside there, please ensure that this information is brought to the attention of the residents of the home.
Enercare provides service as required on your rental water heater. Service can be scheduled 24 hours a day by calling us at 1 877-334-1846.
Thank you for choosing Enercare as your rental water heater provider.