Video Cameras allow you to see what’s going on in and around your property – even when you’re not home. Make sure your package arrives on time, see if your kids are behaving for the babysitter or check on any suspicious motion detected on your lawn at night. Smarter Home Video solution keeps your eye on the things that matter so you know what is happening – directly from your phone.
With Smarter Home automation, you can customize your video settings to capture only the things you care about. Set rules to only record clips during certain hours of the day, restrict recordings to certain areas or use geo-fencing to capture footage when you are away from your home.
How to set up your video recordings:
- Log into the Enercare Smarter Home Portal.
- Click on the arrow at the top right of the ‘Live Video’ card.
- At the top of the page, select ‘Recording Schedules’.
- A list of your current recording schedules will be displayed here. To add a new schedule, click the blue ‘+ ADD SCHEDULE’ button located at the top right of the page.
- A pop-up page will display 6 trigger options for video recordings:
Video Motion Detection (VMD)Record video when the camera detects motion activity. Video Motion Detection (VMD) settings can be specified for each camera on the Camera Settings page.Doorbell Call Recording ScheduleRecord video when someone rings the doorbellDoorbell Motion Recording ScheduleRecord video when motion is detected in front of the doorbellLock ActivityRecord video when an emPower enabled lock reports activity. You can choose to trigger the recording based on a particular lock that was locked or unlocked, or by the user unlocking the lock.Sensor Opened or ClosedRecord video when a security sensor is opened or closedGarage Door Opened or ClosedRecord video when your garage door reports activity. You can choose to trigger the recording based on the door opening or closing.
- Select the trigger that you would like to set up.
- Name your schedule in the space provided to better organize.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the available camera and enter your schedule details in the spaces provided.
- Select the video clip recipient or select ‘+ Add Recipient’ to add a new cell phone or email address to receive schedule notifications.
- Once you have entered the schedule details, click ‘Save Schedule’ to complete the step.
If you require further assistance, please contact the Enercare Smarter Home team at [email protected] or call 1-833-99-SMART.