At Enercare, we’re committed to providing the best services, solutions and advice to make customers’ homes as comfortable as they can be.
Proudly Canadian-owned, we’ve grown to become one of North America’s largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies. We sell, rent, repair and maintain furnaces, air conditioners, water heaters and other HVAC products, serving 1.9 million customers throughout Canada and the United States.
Providing affordable clean air and water solutions for homes and workplaces
- Enercare’s HVAC rental options makes innovative, energy-efficient equipment more accessible to customers with $0 down and lifetime maintenance and repair.*
- Our maintenance programs include carbon monoxide checks and a Home Care checklist.
- We also carry products to improve indoor air and water quality.
Giving back to the communities where we live and work
- In 2020, we matched employee donations to the Ontario Food Bank for a total of $50,000.
- We also support and sponsor locally — our local teams do their own charity work and choose sponsorships including hockey teams, hospitals, etc.
Delivering sustainability and innovation
- We’re committed to operating in an environmentally responsible way, including keeping as much waste out of landfills as possible.
- The Enercare Mobile App is the most comprehensive home services app in the industry.
- We offer a wide range of innovative solutions including HVAC, water heating, plumbing, electrical and smart home products from top brands including: Lennox, Carrier, Amana, Goodman, Rheem, GSW, Giant, Bradford White & Radiant.
Putting people first
- The health and safety of our employees and our customers is our number one priority. Our technicians are fully licensed and certified to WSIB, TSSA and ESA standards, and all employees receive proper safety equipment.
- We are fully insured for homeowner protection and we adhere to government guidelines.
- We take customer care seriously. We solicit feedback through customer surveys, reviews and comments. Our dedicated team reviews these and follows up to resolve issues. With a 4.8 score on Google and 93% 5-star reviews, our customers agree that we work hard to deliver the best service2
- Our apprenticeship program and college scholarships help youth get a head start in the trades.
- We offer competitive employee benefits, including sick days, health benefits, recognition programs and years of service awards.
We Stand Behind Our Work
We guarantee to provide a worry-free home comfort experience.
In most cases, we offer same-day service when customers call by 5 p.m.*
Gas Company of Toronto is established to help light the city’s street lamps.
After the Second World War, Consumers’ Gas introduces rental hot water tanks to stimulate the adoption of natural gas. The company begins transporting natural gas from Texas and Louisiana to Ontario.
The Ontario Energy Board approves the deregulation of gas for residential and small businesses, giving consumers more choice in how they purchase natural gas. IPL Energy acquires Consumers’ Gas, rebranding it as Enbridge Consumers Gas.
UK-based Centrica acquires Direct Energy and later Enbridge Home Services. It creates the Consumers’ Waterheater Income Fund (CWIF) to finance the rental water heater portfolio serviced by Direct Energy.
The CWIF announces plans to convert to a corporation, changing its business name and branding to EnerCare Inc. effective January 1, 2011. Stratacon and EnerCare Connections are amalgamated under the name EnerCare Connections Inc.
In 2014, Enercare acquires Direct Energy’s Ontario home and small commercial services business. In 2016, Enercare acquires Service Experts, expanding the company’s reach into the United States.
Enercare is acquired by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP.
Enercare Connections is rebranded as Metergy.