October 10, 2017
Humidifiers benefit your family and your home find out how
In winter a humidifier is a blessing to your home and to your family. Learn more about what a properly installed humidifier does to protect you and your home.
Humidifiers benefit your home and your health
Getting ready for winter? At Enercare, we believe that maintaining proper indoor air quality is one of the best things you can do for your family’s comfort and well-being, especially during the cold winter months when we tend to spend a lot of time indoors.
Dry, cold air, combined with the furnace running non-stop can reduce the amount of moisture in your home, which can lead to health issues, higher levels of static and dry skin. Using a humidifier is one of the best things a homeowner can do to maintain proper moisture levels and to help improve your family’s health and the general comfort of your home.
Some houses are equipped with humidifiers integrated into their overall HVAC systems, while in other instances, a portable unit can be extremely effective.
Below are some of the ways a humidifier can be good for your health and your home, according to Derek Brown, an Enercare product expert:
- Don’t get shocked this winter! When the air is dry, static electricity is often the cause of frizzy hair, static cling and the shocks that come when touching almost anything metallic around your home. Increasing your home’s humidity level will help reduce these issues.
- A humidifier can help the body’s immune system guard against irritants, keeping your family healthy. Dry air can cause many illnesses and respiratory conditions. This includes dry nasal passages leading to nosebleeds and snoring, chapped and itchy skin, and symptoms of both asthma and allergies.
- Proper moisture levels can combat muscle and joint pain and a lack of concentration, all of which can result from dehydration.
- Dry air can also wreak havoc on your home itself. Maintaining proper humidity levels can prevent your hardwood floors, wood molding and furniture from shrinking and cracking, while also preventing the wallpaper from peeling.
- One of the biggest benefits of proper humidification in the home is a financial one. Using a humidifier may allow you to turn the thermostat down one or two degrees while still maintaining a comfortable environment, potentially lowering your heating bills. Warm air holds more moisture than cold air, which means the home’s temperature can be lower, but still feel comfortable.