Smarter Home video monitoring offers instant visibility into your home with the advanced feature of live video and video alerts. Receive email push notifications to effortlessly know what is happening at home without having to check in, Set triggers to receive the alerts of your choice customized by time, day, camera and motion. Real-time video clips are sent right to your phone, keeping your home in your pocket.
- Log into the Enercare Smarter Home Portal.
- Click the arrow at the top right of the ‘Live Video’ card.
- At the top of the page, select ‘Recording Schedules’.
- A list of your current video alert formats are listed on this page. Select the blue ‘+ Add Schedule’ button at the top right of the page.
- A pop-up page will display 6 different triggers for video recordings:
Video Motion Detection (VMD)Record video when the camera detects motion activity. Video Motion Detection (VMD) settings can be specified for each camera on the Camera Settings page.Doorbell Call Recording ScheduleRecord video when someone rings the doorbellDoorbell Motion Recording ScheduleRecord video when motion is detected in front of the doorbellLock ActivityRecord video when an emPower enabled lock reports activity. You can choose to trigger the recording based on a particular lock that was locked or unlocked, or by the user unlocking the lock.Sensor Opened or ClosedRecord video when a security sensor is opened or closedGarage Door Opened or ClosedRecord video when your garage door reports activity. You can choose to trigger the recording based on the door opening or closing.
- Select the trigger that you would like to receive notifications for from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the details for this trigger in the spaces provided. At the bottom under ‘Video Clip Recipients’, click ‘+ Add Recipient’ located at the top right in blue.
- Existing recipients in your address book will be displayed here. You can select from the list or add a new recipient. To add a new recipient, click the ‘+ NEW’ button in grey.
- In the spaces provided, enter the recipient’s first and last name, language preferences and their phone number and/or email address. For phone numbers entered, you will need to indicate the service provider from the list in the drop-down menu. Once all information has been entered, click ‘ADD CONTACT’ to continue.
- Now that the recipient is added, you can choose this contact to receive notifications under any of your recording schedules by selecting them under ‘Video Clip Recipients’ when setting up the trigger.
- For email recipients, you have the option to choose between ‘text only’, ‘attach a video clip’ or ‘attach a thumbnail’, whereas with SMS recipients can choose to receive ‘text only’ or ‘attach a thumbnail’. This means you can choose to have just a text notification or have a snippet of the video or thumbnail included in the notification.
- Select ‘Save Schedule’ to complete the step and save your new notification details.