Share Enercare Smarter Home Video Door Bell FAQ’s on Facebook
Share Enercare Smarter Home Video Door Bell FAQ’s on LinkedIn
Sometimes cool things come in small packages and the Enercare Smarter Home Video Doorbell is no exception. To help you get started in understanding your new doorbell, here are some answers to some frequently asked questions.
1. What if someone knocks instead of ringing the doorbell?
The doorbell has a motion sensor that you can activate in the mobile app. If someone is at your door the motion sensor will activate and you will receive an alert so you can view the video feed.
2. How do I record a video clip when someone rings my doorbell or when the motion captures movement in front of my door?
- From the Enercare Smarter Home Portal or mobile app, go to “Video” on the left side of the screen.
- Select “Recording Schedules” at the top of the page.
- Go to either “Doorbell Call” or “Doorbell Motion” and toggle it on or off.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the settings.
- Make sure to “Assign Recipient” if you want to be notified when a video clip was captured.
3. How long are these video clips and is there a limit to how many that can be captured and stored?
- Each video clip is about 30 to 45 seconds and it varies based on the duration of the activity.
- A new clip is recorded if the activity lasts more than 45 seconds.
- Each month you can upload up to 1,000 clips.
- You can store up to 1,000 clips online.
- Go to “Saved Video Clips” tab to view your stored clips.
4. How do I adjust the sensitivity of my motion sensor?
- Log into the Enercare Smarter Home Portal.
- Click “Video” on the left side of the page.
- Click “Settings”.
- Choose “Doorbell” from video device drop down at the top of the page.
- Click “Video Device Info”.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page. It will allow you to adjust the sensitivity as well as the target size.
- Click “Save”.
5. Will the doorbell let me know if someone is at my door when I’m not home?
Yes, you can see who is at your door from anywhere in the world.
6. Can I turn the chime off my doorbell?
Yes, you can use the silent mode any time you need it to be quiet.
7. If my WiFi stops working, will my doorbell stop working too?
Your doorbell ‘s chime will still work but it won’t be able to send alerts or take video.
8. Will my doorbell stop working if my mobile phone’s battery has run out?
No, your doorbell will work normally. It’s not dependent on your mobile phone.
9. Does my doorbell need to be protected from the elements?
The doorbell is built to withstand harsh environments like hot and cold weather. As well, the doorbell is sealed to help keep moisture out.
10. Why is my doorbell turning red?
This means that your doorbell isn’t connected to your WiFi.
11. What are the doorbell’s video specs?
Field of view: 120-130 degrees.
12. How is my privacy ensured?
The cameras use password protection to prevent access from outside the Enercare Smarter Home Portal or mobile app and the Enercare Smarter Home cameras employ advanced MD5-based “digest authentication” for user authentication. More simply, it’s the same kind of technology that banks use to ensure your privacy and security. Please note: No one from Enercare or its technology partners can view your live video stream or your saved videos. Only you, as the account holder have access to them.
If you require further assistance, please contact the Enercare Smarter Home team at [email protected] or 1-833-99-SMART.