You rely on your water heater every day. It’s one of the most used pieces of equipment in your home that you probably never think about. We don’t think you should either.
Your home’s hot water should be worry-free. That's why we offer high-quality, energy-efficient tankless water heaters designed to do one thing: work so well you don't have to think about them.
Benefits of tankless water heaters
Endless hot water – hot water on demand means never running out of hot water when you need it. Run the dishwasher, washing machine and take a shower at the same time - you get an endless supply of hot water at over 4 gallons per minute.
Tankless water heaters use less energy than conventional units as they only heat the water on demand, when needed, making them more efficient and environmentally friendly. Tankless water heaters are approximately 82-98% efficient compared to conventional units which are approximately 57-70% efficient.
Enjoy a continuous supply of hot water - heated on demand - throughout your home, at a constant temperature with no fluctuations.
The temperature is preset to a maximum of 120 degrees Fahrenheit via a digital controller and can be lowered if desired.
Tankless water heaters are compact and can be mounted virtually anywhere. This helps to free up valuable floor space in your basement. They are easy to conceal behind cabinetry for a much more appealing basement, laundry room or closet.
Enercare | Wall-Mounted Tankless Water Heater Rental
How much can you expect to save on water heating costs by going tankless? Can your existing gas lines accommodate a tankless system? Are you living in a hard water area?
There are significant differences in how tankless water heaters work compared to conventional storage type water heaters. To fully understand how tankless systems work and if your home can accommodate one, set up a consultation with one of Enercare’s Energy Management Consultants.
Our Energy Management Consultants will check to see if a tankless water heater will work in your home, answer any questions you may have, and make sure you are aware of what to expect from the investment you are making in a tankless water heater.
Did you know?
You could be eligible to receive discounts on your home insurance for having a rental water heater in your home. Contact your home insurance provider to inquire.
By switching over to an eco-friendly water heater, you may be eligible to receive government and/or utility provider rebates! See the list below to see if you’re eligible:
Below are some additional facts to help you weigh out your options when considering a new water heater.
|Benefits of Renting a Water Heater||Considerations if Buying a Water Heater|
Free venting and installation*: receive the luxury of a high-quality appliance without initial cash outlay that includes on-demand (free of charge) service.
Installation/venting upgrade fees: oftentimes you will need to source your own licensed technician to install your new tank and pay more for additional venting if required.
Competitive monthly rates.
Initial cost of unit: large down payment/full payment required.
Quality work: we offer 700 highly-trained, licensed technicians.
Uncertainty of quality work.
Protection: parts and labour coverage for repairs.*
Parts and labour costs: are you prepared to pay hundreds of dollars in parts and labour costs when a breakdown happens?
Diagnostic charges: what happens when something goes wrong? How much will you pay just to get someone to your home? How soon can they arrive?
Can be transferred to the next owner should you sell your home.
Stability: we are one of the largest water heater providers in Canada.
Support: we're here 24/7 ready to take your call.
Flexibility for growing/changing family needs: the tank that was once right for you may not be the best choice any longer. We'll happily provide a new/different tank if necessary.
Benefits of Renting
When renting your water heater you won’t need to worry about additional costs. These costs can add up quickly, including:
Installation fees – a licensed technician is required to install your new water heater.
Diagnostic charges – what happens when something goes wrong? How much will you pay just to get someone to your home? How soon can they arrive?
- Parts and labour costs – are you prepared to pay parts and labour costs when a breakdown happens?
We value and respect your time. Have you considered that renting your water heater is:
- Worry-free. If you have no hot water and call before 5:00 PM we will be there as soon as the same day.**
- Convenient. We will book an appointment when you want it and call before we arrive.
- Stress-free. Don’t spend time searching for a reputable contractor who might not have the knowledge or parts for your water heater.
- Hassle-free. What do you do when your warranty ends? With a rental water heater it’s like having a never-ending warranty.
With a rental water heater – you can enjoy peace of mind.
- You’re fully covered for any repairs or a full replacement
- There are no parts or labour exclusions
- You know exactly who to call for diagnosis and repairs
With a new rental water heater, you'll enjoy:
- FREE installation*
- QUALITY work – 700 highly-trained, licensed technicians
- COMPETITIVE monthly rental rates
- RELIABLE service
- UNLIMITED service calls
- PROTECTION – Parts and labour coverage for repairs*
- STABILITY – One of the largest home services providers in Canada
- SUPPORT – We're here 24/7 ready to take your call
- TRANSFERABLE – To the next owner should you sell your home
We are committed to providing competitive rental rates and consistent and reliable service.
With over 700 certified technicians performing over 600,000 maintenance and service calls every year, we’re experienced and know what needs to get done to ensure your family’s comfort.
Water Heating 101
Do you know how old your water heater is? Here's how to check:1
- Locate the rating plate (sticker) on your tank.
- The rating plate will have listed:
a. The model number of the tank
b. The serial number of the tank
c. The date the tank was manufactured
Note: if the date is a series of numbers and letters, you may have to visit the manufacturers' website guide.
Although the average useful life expectancy of a water heater is approximately 16 years, some tanks can last longer and others can last less. Below are some warning signs to look out for:2
- Rusty water coming from the water heater/piping
- Rumbling or odd sounds coming from the water heater
- Water leakage around the tank
There are many different types of water heaters. See our guide below to know which is right for your home:
Conventional Vents (CV) Starting from $15.92/month:
- Are installed mostly in homes built previous to 2000 (and usually have a built in chimney) making them one of the more commonly used water heaters in Ontario.
- Keep a reservoir of hot water available at all times so that when you turn on the tap, it's ready to use.
- Require an exit drain near the base of tank (usually in basement).
- Are good for high volume hot water applications.
- Can be fueled by either natural gas or propane gas.
Power Vents (PV) Starting from $26.49/month:
- Are installed mostly in homes built after 1995, homes with no chimney or homes that have converted from another water heating source making them one of the more commonly used water heaters in Ontario.
- Blower motor is attached to the tank and pushes exhaust gas outside the home via the side wall.
- Usually provide long venting lengths.
- Can be fueled by either natural gas or propane gas.
Direct Vents (DV) Starting from $28.67/month:
Are used where there is insufficient combustible air/where air is unsuitable for combustion (ie. bedroom or bathroom installations).
Power Direct Vents (PDV) Starting from $31.85/month:
Are similar to DV but instead use a two-pipe system for venting.
Electric Water Heaters Starting from $13.25/month:
- Use heating coils instead of natural gas to provide hot water for home.
Tankless Water Heaters Starting from $39.99/month:
- Do not contain storage tanks and fit compactly on a wall mount.
- Heat up on demand and deliver an endless supply of hot water by regulating water flow.
- Use less energy than conventional units, making them more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Condensing Water Heaters Starting from $42.32/month:
- Are similar to conventional units in that they both burn gas, exhaust flues and store hot water in an insulated tank.
- Exhaust gas and condensate exits through outlet at bottom of tank.
- Use less energy than conventional units because of how heat is transferred to water making them more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Water Heater FAQs
What is hard water?
Hard water has high mineral content. Hard water minerals primarily consist of positively charged calcium (Ca2+), and magnesium (Mg2+) metal ions, and sometimes other dissolved compounds such as bicarbonates and sulfates.
How does hard water affect your home/water heater?
In many places across Ontario, ground water comes into contact with sufficient concentrations of calcium and magnesium. The harder the water, the more problems homeowners will encounter in terms of scale buildup in their pipes, regular and tankless water heaters, and dishwashers. Scale buildup can make water heater and dishwasher units less energy efficient while shortening the life of equipment and clogging your faucets and taps. Hard water can also cause water spotting while lessening the effectiveness of soap and detergent. Producing soft water from hard water involves a process called ion exchange.
How can I best maintain my water heater?
Install a water softener into your home. The resin or mineral inside the brine tank is specially designed to remove the “hard” particles of lime and calcium, by a simple ion exchange process. This will help to prevent sediment and scale build up in your water heater keeping it in the best shape possible.
How does a water softener work?
A concentrated solution of sodium/salt (brine tank) is flushed through beads, also called resin. The resin beads inside the softener tank have a different or opposite electrical charge than the dissolved particles of the incoming water. Because of this electrical charge difference, the dissolved particles suspended in your water will cling to the resin beads on contact, thereby ridding the water of these particles, causing the water exiting the unit to be “soft”. The resin has a limit on the amount of hardness particles it can hold, which is why there are many different sizes of softeners and also why regeneration or brining is required.
* Some limitations apply. See rental agreement terms and conditions for details.
** Available to Enercare's Heating/Cooling protection plan customers, rental water heater customers and/or rental HVAC customers whose equipment is not operational (for example – no heat, no cooling or no hot water). On average, Enercare attends to furnace/boiler, central air conditioner, or water heater non-operational calls 90% of the time the same day. Subject to exclusions in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable protection plan or rental agreement.
*** Offer ends August 31, 2017. Cannot be combined with any other offer and is only available to new customers who enter into a new rental water heater contract with Enercare Home Services. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer at any time without prior notice. Certain terms and conditions apply. Residential customers will receive a $200 prepaid Mastercard® card for a new installation of all natural gas and electric water heater models. Prepaid MasterCard cards are accepted wherever MasterCard is accepted. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of the Prepaid MasterCard once the water heater is installed. Prepaid MasterCard cards are issued in connection with a promotion program. Prepaid MasterCard is issued by Peoples Trust Company pursuant to a license by MasterCard International. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. No cash access or recurring payments. Prepaid MasterCard valid for up to 6 months; unused funds will be forfeited at midnight EST the last day of the month of the valid thru date. Prepaid MasterCard terms and conditions apply, see MyPrepaidCenter.com/site/mastercard-univ-can.
Together with you, we’ll work through the best solution for your home
Reach out to arrange a convenient and free in-home visit. We'll call you within 24 hours to confirm.
All fields are required unless marked optional