Pre-authorized payments are a convenient way to pay your Enercare bill automatically each month. Set it up with us and we’ll look after the rest.
The following FAQs are applicable to customers billed by Enercare. If you are billed by Enbridge Gas, please connect with them to understand their pre-authorized payment options. Their contact information should appear on your most recent bill.
- When you sign up for Pre-Authorized Payment (PAP), we automatically withdraw payments from your bank account or charge your credit card before the payment due date on your bill. PAP is an efficient way of paying your Enercare bill. It can help you save time and avoid late payment charges.
- Once you enroll for your online account nothing further needs to be completed to transition your account to paperless billing. The account will show the status of online in 3-5 business days after you sign up for this feature.
- This process normally takes 1-2 billing cycles to be completed. When you see the ***Pre-Authorized Payment Notice*** listed on your bill (on the front page of the bill, under the Customer Care Contact Information) the account balance will begin withdrawing from your bank account monthly or charged to your credit card, as applicable, on a monthly basis.
- For changes to pre-authorized debit agreements please visit the Enercare Billing Portal to make changes. If you need to change the details of your existing pre-authorized credit card information you will need to complete and mail a new credit card authorization form to us at the address listed on the form. We are unable to process pre-authorized credit card authorization forms received by us via email.
- You will receive an email notification each month when a new bill has been generated and is available for viewing.
- Check your spam/junk folder to see if the email was sent to you. Ensure you add [email protected] to your safe sender’s list or your contacts to avoid having email alerts blocked by spam filters. Please note that you are responsible for paying your bill on time whether you receive an email alert or not. It’s good practice to check your bill online monthly by logging into your online account. Your bill will always be available by viewing online according to your regular billing cycle.
- To add a secondary account: Please log into an account associated with the corresponding email address in order to add the secondary account. At the top of your home screen, beside the logout button, you will see ‘Add Account’. Please click on this feature and provide the following details for the secondary account (account number, last bill date, and last invoice amount). Please continue and verify the current information on file to complete the enrollment You will now be able to access both accounts and view bills; click on the drop-down menu which can be found beside add account to switch between bills. You will now be able to access both accounts and view bills; click on the drag down which can be found beside add account to switch between bills.
- Log into the Enercare Billing Portal and click on the option “Update Your Online Account” to proceed to change your email by following the instructions.
- Check your spam/junk folder to see if the email was sent to you. Ensure you add [email protected] to your safe sender’s list or your contacts to avoid having email alerts blocked by spam filters.
- Go to the Enercare Billing Portal and select the ‘Forgot your Password’ option. An email will be sent out to the email address on file with instructions on how to complete the reset.