Indoor Air Quality and Why it Matters
Did you know that indoor workers breathe approximately 11,000 litres of air each day? The COVID-19 pandemic has forced us all to consider the risks associated with public areas. With the virus spreading in crowded and enclosed spaces, or through close contact with others, both employees and customers want to know how businesses will keep them safe.
Why is Clean Air Important?
Indoor air quality (IAQ) is crucial to the wellbeing of employees, tenants and guests. As employees return to offices and public spaces, indoor air quality has become an increasingly important consideration. Employers are obligated to ensure the workplace is safe and healthy, and that includes ensuring the air is clean1. Poor indoor air quality can have many causes, including things like inadequate ventilation, temperature and humidity, and outdoor sources of pollution such as pesticides2. Despite this, there are many ways to improve IAQ, including replacing old air filters, ensuring proper ventilation through air vents and windows, and using an air purifier3.
Air purifiers provide clean, safe air for offices, warehouses and other public spaces. Although HVAC systems can be retrofitted to have a more efficient air filter, a retrofitted system may not clean smaller particles from the air. Pura Air’s scientific approach to air purification delivers 99.99% clean air back into your space. Designed by leaders in industrial clean air, infectious disease protocol and UV-C germicidal applications, Pura Air’s air purifiers help protect the health and wellbeing of employees and customers4.
Find out more about air purification and indoor air quality here.
Pura Air’s line of air purifiers are ideal for commercial applications including:
- Medical clinics;
- Schools; and
- Offices and mixed-use buildings.
Some features of a Pura Air purifier include:
- UV-C Chamber: UV-C is a range of ultraviolet light that breaks apart germ DNA, destroying bacteria;
- Antimicrobial Pre-filter for HEPA: MERV stands for minimum efficiency reporting value, an efficiency rating for filters. The filters are rated as MERV 8 and will collect particles as small as three microns;
- Carbon Filter: Carbon air filters are designed to filter gases through a bed of activated carbon and can be used to combat volatile organic compounds (VOCs); and
- Medical Grade True HEPA Filter: HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filters are used to remove very fine airborne particles like dust, pollen, mold and bacteria, and are scan tested to 99.99% efficient at 0.3 micron.
For further information, see the product specifications here or speak to an Energy Management Consultant.
Why choose Enercare?
With over 50 years’ installing, servicing and maintaining mechanical equipment across the GTA, Enercare has the expertise and technical know-how to properly size and install your air purifier. Plus, benefit from the Enercare AdvantageTM program and receive:
|DESIGN & INSTALL||SERVICE & MAINTENANCE||VALUE CREATION|
Call 1-855-321-1508 today to speak to one of ours Energy Management Consultants to get started.
Request a Free VisitWant to learn more about how Enercare can help? Complete this form and an Energy Management Consultant will be in contact with you. All fields are required unless marked optional.
The price we quote is the price you pay. Our No Surprises Guarantee protects you from any additional installation costs of your heating and cooling system.