1. Reduce the amount you drive
- Walk whenever possible - it's good exercise.
- Use public transportation if you can.
- Make your trips as efficient as possible.
- Start a carpool.
2. Be smart about your water
- Purchase a filter for your tap water instead of buying bottled water.
- Up to 47 million gallons of oil are used annually just to create plastic water bottles, according to Food and Water Watch.
- 75% of these bottles are not recycled.
3. Reduce waste at home
- Pay your bills online to reduce paper materials.
- Re-use plastic shopping bags to line trash cans.
- Fertilize your garden with old fruits and vegetables.
4. Eat organic or locally
- Buy local foods, versus ones that have travelled hundreds of miles by truck.
- Reduce the carbon footprint that comes with shipping produce.
5. Be smart about your energy use
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Turn off the television when you're finished watching it.
- Wash your clothes in cold water.
- Replace your conventional light bulbs with energy efficient ENERGY STAR® ones.
Enercare | Lower Carbon Footprint