Stay Powered, Stay Prepared with a Generac Stand-By Generator
Stay Powered with Generac Standby Generators
Have the peace of mind with Canada’s top-selling brand of home stand-by generators. Generac offers permanently installed backup generators designed to deliver power directly to your home when you need it. Your Generac backup generator automatically turns on in the event of a power outage, ensuring your entire home or just the most essential items are powered, even if you’re away.
What sets Generac apart is its seamless integration with your home’s existing natural gas or liquid propane supplies, eliminating the hassle of refueling. With weatherproof housing, Generac generators work continuously until power is restored, protecting your home from electrical damage, flooding, and more — whether that’s within two hours or two weeks.
Protect your home from unpredictable power outages backed by the Enercare Advantage™ program. Embrace the Generac backup generator today and ensure your home stays powered and safe, no matter what the future holds.
Difference between Stand-by and Portable Generator
|Designed for the entire home to provide continuous backup power during outages.
Power Major appliances, Lights, HVAC systems, Refrigerators
|Typically used for temporary low power needs or for outdoor activities.
Power fans, sump pump, small appliances and electronics
|Fully automated, turns on and off automatically during power outages.
Connected to natural gas or propane supply
|Manual start, manual intervention and refueling
|Installation and Maintenance
|Requires professional installation and regular maintenance
|Easy setup, minimal installation required
|Noise Level and Environmental Impact
|Quieter operation due to sound-insulated enclosures.
More eco-friendly options with cleaner fuel sources
|Generally noisier and emit more pollutants
|Advanced monitoring and remote-control capabilities
|No monitoring or remote control capability
|Approx. Average Cost with Installation
|$3,000 – $5,500
Why Choose Enercare for Your Backup Generator Needs
Our Enercare AdvantageTM program makes renting a Generac backup generator affordable and worry-free. It includes:
- Free equipment installation included with every rental – no hidden costs or surprise fees, $0 upfront*
- Continuous monitoring of equipment by your dealer
- Option to transfer your agreement to subsequent homeowners if you sell your home
- Option to buy out the generator during your rental term
- Low monthly payments starting from $169.99/month plus HST
What it covers
- Annual testing and replacement of any filters (if necessary) and batteries (as necessary) *
- Mobile link smart monitoring system*
- Timely service and weekly test schedule to ensure generator is ready in case of any power outages*
- Repairs, maintenance, and parts, for the lifetime of the equipment*
(The above is not covered in Outright Sale)
Always Know the Status of Your Stand-By Generator
Rent your Generac backup generator from Enercare and get continuous monitoring of your equipment by your Generac dealer. Renting with Enercare includes Mobile Link, which lets you and your Generac dealer monitor your backup generator from your smartphone, tablet or computer. With real-time alerts, Mobile Link helps manage your maintenance schedule, connects you to a Generac dealer when needed, and ensures you’re ready in case of a power outage.
Fill out the form below to get in touch with an authorized Generac backup generator dealer.
Book a consultation with a Generac dealer representative now.
Fill out the form below to receive a call from Generac to book a consultation.
Or call 1-888-649-1845 to speak to one of our experts now.
Frequently Asked Generator Questions
- With so many backup generators to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. We can help you choose a generator that is the right for your budget, size, and your lifestyle. Contact us for more information.
- Our dealer conducts an on-site visit to schedule a pre-inspection which includes Electrical and Gas connection. They will determine any installation needs and permit requirements as well as which fuel option will work best.
- Battery failure
- Control System Problems
- Automatic transfer switch failure
- Yes, you can link the Mobile Link app with ecobee and/or Amazon Alexa to get detailed information about your Generac Standby Generator’s status.
Don’t miss out on the ultimate energy management experience! As a Mobile Link user, you can now get the convenience of checking your generator’s status from the comfort of your own home, without having to go outside to physically check it.
- Login on the Mobile Link App
- Click on the plus sign in top right corner
- Click on the Link ecobee thermostat
- Click the blue next button
- Enter in your ecobee credentials
- Click Allow
You can connect your Alexa enabled device and say “Alexa, ask Mobile Link if I’m ready for a power outage.”
- Open the Alexa app and sign into your account
- Navigate to the skills section and enter “Mobile Link”
- Enable the Mobile link skill and you will be taken to the mobile link website to sign in
- You are all set!