Get Your Air Conditioner Repaired Fast
If your air conditioner isn’t working or cooling as it should, has weak air pressure or makes odd noises, Enercare can repair it.
- Fully licensed technicians can diagnose and repair all makes and models, often on the same day.*
- Fixed price quote including all parts and labour required – no hidden charges.
- 1-year parts and 90-day labour guarantee for all repair work completed.*
Two AC Repair Options to Meet Your Needs
One-Time AC Service Call
Schedule a one-time air conditioner diagnostic for $99 (+HST)**. With fully stocked trucks, our licensed technicians can fix many problems right away.
- Issue diagnosis by an expert Enercare technician
- Written quote for parts and labour
Cooling Repair & Protection Plan
Get your air conditioning fixed when you need it now — plus get coverage for future breakdowns with a protection plan as low as $24.99/month. Given the high cost of many AC parts (a faulty fan can be more than $700*** to replace), this Plan can pay for itself in a single visit.
- Immediate AC repairs for a flat fee of $179 even if the work costs up to $500****
- Unlimited service calls plus parts and labour coverage for any future issues*****
Already A Customer? Scheduling a repair is simple.
If you have an Enercare Protection Plan or Enercare AdvantageTM product, you can easily schedule a service appointment through:
Why Choose Enercare for Air Conditioning Repair
When you choose Enercare, you get expert advice you can trust from one of our friendly, certified and professional technicians along with:
A fixed-price quote up front, including all parts and labour — no hidden charges
A 1-year parts and 90-day labour guarantee for all repair work completed†
A complete diagnostic and safety check of your equipment
A comprehensive Home Care Report outlining the health of your cooling equipment
We service every make and model and can often fix your problem on the same day if you call before 5 p.m.*
If you’re an existing customer, you can schedule a repair service call in less than a minute, anytime, on our mobile app.
With a 4.8 score on Google and 93% 5-star reviews, our customers agree that we work hard to deliver the best service.******
Looking for AC Tips?
Common AC Problems
Common causes of broken or malfunctioning AC units include:
- AC running constantly
- AC not turning on
- No cool air flowing
- Hot air flowing out
- Refrigerant or water leaks
- Unusual noises or smells coming from AC unit
- AC system freezing over
Whatever the reason, our technicians can diagnose it quickly and explain it to you clearly, so you know what’s next.
Troubleshooting Your AC Unit
While it’s best to call a professional if your AC isn’t working, these simple steps can help you decide if a call is needed:
- Double-check that your thermostat is set to “Cool” instead of “Heat”
- Investigate for tripped circuit breakers
- Clean your air filters
- Open your air vents
- Get your air ducts cleaned
- Investigate for water leaks
- Clean your outdoor AC unit of debris
Popular Air Conditioner Brands We Repair
We repair high-efficiency AC units including the following brands:
- Armstrong Air
- American Standard
Common Questions About Air Conditioner Repairs
- The cost to fix an air conditioner depends on the nature of the problem, the intensity of the repair and the price of any parts required.
- If you turn on your air conditioner but it doesn’t provide cold air, there can be several culprits. The AC unit may have a frozen coil, clogged filters, blocked air condenser, a malfunctioning compressor or a refrigerant leak. It’s also possible that your thermostat is malfunctioning and needs replacement.
- Foul smells, weird noises, high energy bills, a lack of cool air or limited airflow are all signs that your air conditioner may need to be repaired or replaced. The age of your AC unit is the main factor in choosing between a repair or replacement. Typical useful life for an air conditioner with proper maintenance is approximately 10 to 15 years.
- With regular maintenance, you should be able to operate an air conditioner for 10-15 years. But you may need to buy or rent a new unit sooner if your current equipment breaks down and the parts aren’t available.
- For safety, we recommend having a licensed, professional technician do any repairs needed.
- You can test if your air conditioner is working by following three easy steps: (i) Wait until the outside temperature is above 13 degrees and remove any protective covers. (ii) Turn down your thermostat by 3 to 5 degrees and turn on your air conditioner for 20 minutes. (iii) Check that cool air is pushed from your vents and that there aren’t any unusual noises, like bangs, squeaks and scrapes from your AC unit.
More Ways To Keep Your Home Cool
AC Repair Locations
Find AC repair in your local community
Some areas we serve
- Toronto, ON
- Oshawa, ON
- Ottawa, ON
- London, ON
- Barrie, ON
- North York, ON
- Mississauga, ON
- St. Catharines, ON
- Kitchener, ON
- Hamilton, ON
- Oakville, ON
- Belleville, ON
Find Your Location
Enter your postal code to find services near you: