Need a New Furnace? We’ll Help You Replace It
- We’ll help you find and customize a heating solution suited to your home’s size and family’s needs.
- The price we quote is the price you pay for a new furnace, including full installation.
- We offer a range of payment and financing options to fit your budget.
Get a Free No-obligation Price Quote
on a New Furnace
Fill out the form below to receive a call from us to schedule a free in-home assessment and get your price quote.
Or call 1-855-642-8607 to speak to one of our experts now.
Sometimes a Furnace Replacement Just Makes Sense
If your furnace is more than 15 years old, breaks down a lot or takes too long to heat up your home, it might be time to buy a new model. A modern, energy-efficient furnace provides you and your family with many benefits, including:
Lower heating bills
By upgrading to a new high-efficiency furnace with a higher AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency), you can save money on your annual heating-related energy costs while cutting greenhouse gas emissions.
Quieter, easier operations
The variable-speed motors used in new furnaces are quieter and use less energy. They also have better temperature controls and better filtration for improved indoor air quality.
Get paid to make your home more energy efficient with rebates that help cover the costs of new furnace purchases, installations and home energy assessments.
Get more out of your home, with an ecobee smart thermostat.
Receive an ecobee3 lite with the installation of your heating system and experience home comfort reimagined. Managing your home’s HVAC system has never been easier, with ecobee3 lite:
Reduced Energy Consumption
ecobee’s smart thermostats help keep your energy use low when you are not home, making way for energy consumption savings where it counts.
Alerts and Reminders
Get notified when your system requires maintenance, air filter replacements, or experiences sudden temperature changes.
Control from Anywhere
Control your thermostat using your phone, tablet, computer, or Apple Watch through the app.
Smart Home Compatibility
ecobee works with most major smart home ecosystems including Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Alarm.com, Samsung SMARTTHINGS and more.
Think Renting A Furnace Might Be A Better Option For You?
Why Choose Enercare When Buying A New Furnace in Ontario
There are five main reasons to pick Enercare for your next furnace replacement:
We carry makes and models from industry-leading high-efficiency furnace manufacturers.
We’ll help you find and customize a heating solution suited to your home’s size and family’s needs.
We’re furnace installation experts. We hire only licensed technicians and secure all permits to speed up the work.
No surprises. The price we quote is the price you pay for a new furnace, including full installation.
We offer a range of payment and financing options to fit your budget.
Heating Solutions Customized To Your Home
Our Energy Management Consultants (EMCs) work closely with you to design the best heating solution for your home. They bring years of experience in the HVAC industry to our no-cost, no-obligation furnace assessments. When they visit your home, they look at every aspect of your furnace replacement requirements: the age of your home, the insulation in your walls, the number of windows and doors, and more. They then provide fixed-price quotes and payment options for the ideal new furnace for your home.
How An In-Home Assessment Works
Call us to schedule your free in-home assessment of your heating system with an EMC.
The EMC visits your home to conduct the initial assessment and make recommendations.
The EMC does one final inspection and answers any questions before installation begins.
The Three Types of Furnaces
Apart from energy efficiency, one of the most important things to consider in a replacement furnace is the motor that powers the fan. Fans that operate at different speeds help you better manage the heat provided by the furnace — making your home consistently more comfortable.
Single-stage fans are common in older furnaces and have just one speed — they’re either on or off. They are no longer available for sale in Canada because they aren’t energy efficient.
Multi-stage furnaces have two or more fan speeds, allowing the unit to better manage your household temperature. These typically offer the best balance between cost and value.
Variable-stage furnaces have motors that can run at many speeds, adjustable in very small increments. Like a car engine, you can hit every speed from 0 to 100 depending on how fast you want to go, making it easier to precisely match your furnace to your home heating needs.
See our Furnace Buyer’s Guide to learn more about furnace types, repair costs and maintenance tips.
More Options to Meet Your Heating Needs
Enercare Smarter FurnaceTM
Get 24/7 HVAC performance monitoring from Enercare so any issues with your furnace can be detected and addressed before they become big problems. This service also spots declines in operating efficiency and adjusts your home’s temperature automatically to meet your personalized heating preferences.
Ductless split systems
Do you have a space that was added on to your home — like a sunroom, garage or in-law suite — and are having problems getting heat to it? You might consider a ductless split system. By adding a heat pump to a ductless air conditioner, you can heat and cool your home year-round with just one HVAC system.
What Else to Consider Before Buying a Furnace
Get your ducts and vents cleaned
Remove dirt, dust, mould and other irritants from the air you breathe inside your home by getting your ducts cleaned.
Don’t forget about indoor air quality
To make the air inside your home safer and cleaner, consider adding a HEPA air filtration system, ultraviolet (UV) light system or ventilator as part of your furnace upgrade.
Think about replacing your AC too
If you’re replacing a furnace that’s more than 15 years old, you should also consider upgrading your air conditioner at the same time to ensure full compatibility across all your HVAC equipment.
Frequently Asked Furnace Questions
- The average price range of a typical new natural gas or propane high-efficiency furnace in Ontario ranges from $5,000 to $7,000+. This price includes standard installation from a fully-insured, licensed company, at least a one year warranty and all required licenses for installation. The cost of a new furnace is dependent on four factors: Environmental choices, including energy efficiency, humidification, air filtration sizes (which are dependent on allergies or other sensitivities), and comfort-enhancing options. Personal choices including extended warranties, maintenance plans and guarantees. Technical requirements including the size of the home, floor plan, number of stories, existing ductwork and BTU load. Code requirements including safety, licensing and building code requirements. To get an accurate, no-surprises, no-obligation quote, contact us at 1-855-619-7701
- The average lifecycle of a furnace is 15 years, but age isn’t the only factor that determines when to replace a furnace. How often you experience breakdowns, the quality of the initial installation and a heating system that’s improperly sized for your home could all shorten the lifespan of your furnace.
- The cost of a furnace installation should always be included in the estimate.
- Several factors affect the furnace size needed, including the size and age of your home, air flow, insulation, and how many windows and doors you have. To make sure you get the furnace size that best suits your needs, it’s crucial to have a professional visit your home to complete an evaluation to calculate heat loss and air flow. Incorrect sizing of a furnace may reduce the lifespan of the equipment and lead to higher utility costs because your home is not warming up correctly.
- Only a licensed, certified professional should install a furnace.
- A natural gas or propane high-efficiency furnace works like this:
- The furnace starts up when the thermostat senses that the temperature had dropped below a pre-set level.
- The ventor motor does a safety check to ensure the venting is clear, as determined by the pressure switch. The ignitor then ignites the burners inside the furnace combustion chamber and starts creating heat. The heat is transferred to the primary heat exchanger, which heats the air as it flows through the furnace. The combustion gases are then passed through a secondary heat exchanger to further extract heat.
- The blower motor pushes the warmed air through the plenum and out into the house via the registers.
- The combustion gases, including carbon monoxide, are safely vented to the outdoors from the furnace.
- Outside fresh air is pulled into the burn chamber to provide a more efficient burn
- Any cold air left in the home gets circulated into the furnace to be heated up.
More Ways to Keep Your Home Warm
What To Know About Renting a Furnace
Through our Enercare AdvantageTM rental program, you can get new high-efficiency equipment for $0 upfront.* That includes repairs and maintenance for the lifetime of your equipment*, plus priority appointment booking with same-day service.1 We make furnace rentals affordable and worry-free with:
- Zero up-front costs*
- Zero parts and labour charges for all repairs*
- Installation of your new furnace in as little as 24 hours
What You Get When You Buy vs. Rent a Furnace
Not sure whether to buy or rent? Consider the following:
|Feature||Purchase||Rental with Enercare Advantage™||Rental with Enercare Smarter Advantage™|
|Price||$5,000 to $7,000+ including standard installation and 1-year warranty||$80 to $156 per month||starting from $106/mo. + HST|
|Installation charges|| |
Included in above price
|Maintenance costs||Not Included||Included*||Included*|
|furnace repair costs||Not included after Manufacturer’s Warranty||Included*||Included*|
|who owns the furnace?||You||Enercare||Enercare|
|Extended warranty||Extra costs||N/A||N/A|
|Agreement length||Life of equipment||life of equipment|
|Enercare Smarter Home®Essentials package, including a smart thermostat and HVAC performance monitoring||Included|
|Same-day service on breakdowns if you call before 5 p.m.1||Included||Included|
What Our Customers Think About Us
Louie is such a nice person and reliable. Very satisfied with his service.송호진In the last week
Adel came on time and was knowledgeable, professional, very friendly…serviced AC. Big thanks to Adel!Tracy McSorleyIn the last week
Rob Myles did a great job.Reid PollockIn the last week
Rizwan was on time, professional and efficient.Riley FeatherstonIn the last week
The furnace technician Shine Ford arrived on time as per prior notification. He was knowledgeable, efficient, courteous and informative about the condition of my furnace. He described other promotions offered as well as upcoming changes to billing.Brent LakeIn the last week
Shawn was great. Very professional and helpful explaining everything.Michele DunglinsonIn the last week
Rauf.H Is a professional at the highest level he was on time, he explained why it is important for me to get my furnace serviced once per year.Cornell NembhardIn the last week
Dylan was great and professional. Very happy with the service: 10 stars! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 🌟 🌟 ⭐️ ⭐️ 🌟 ⭐️ ⭐️Yolande andrewsIn the last week
Technician is very professional and detail to check the problem twice or issues Very friendly as wellStephen LamIn the last week
Nicholas T did a great job and provided friendly serviceJenica JohnIn the last week
Nicholas T was absolutely outstanding! He took the time to explain the products and services, and was a pleasure to have assist us! Great experience and great service! Thank you Nicholas!!mark latoIn the last week
Just had Enercare service my Furnace and Air Conditioner, Gerry was courteous and professional, answered all my questions I have the plan I pay monthly and it’s easy to call for repair and they are there within a day or two. Very good service.Gillian HardyIn the last week
Where to Find a New Furnace
Find a location near you that offers new furnaces and furnace replacement
Some areas we serve
- Toronto, ON
- Oshawa, ON
- Ottawa, ON
- North York, ON
- Mississauga, ON
- Barrie, ON
- St. Catharines, ON
- Hamilton, ON
- London, ON
- Belleville, ON
- Oakville, ON
- Kitchener, ON
Find Your Location
Enter your postal code to find services near you: