Buy a New Boiler
Enercare’s fully licensed technicians can recommend the right boiler make and model to meet your family’s budget and needs.
- We’ll help you find the right-sized boiler for your home and your family’s needs.
- We quote the exact price you pay, including full boiler installation.
- We offer a range of payment and financing options to fit your budget.
When Do I Need a New Boiler?
If your home’s boiler is more than 15 years old, has broken down a few times or is causing any of the issues below, it may be time for a new one. If you’re unsure about boiler replacement, an inspection by a licensed technician can tell you if your current unit is at the end of its useful life.
A spike in your monthly energy bills may indicate your boiler isn’t operating at peak efficiency.
A swing in temperatures or a lack of heat in some rooms may mean the controls on your unit are malfunctioning.
A leaking boiler is likely reaching the end of its lifespan. You may need to have it replaced to avoid a breakdown or prevent flooding.
If you see black soot or yellow flames around the burners, the fuel may not be burning properly, and you may also be at risk of carbon monoxide.
Get more out of your home, with an ecobee smart thermostat.
Receive an ecobee3 lite with the installation of your heating system and experience home comfort reimagined. Managing your home’s HVAC system has never been easier, with ecobee3 lite:
Reduced Energy Consumption
ecobee’s smart thermostats help keep your energy use low when you are not home, making way for energy consumption savings where it counts.
Alerts and Reminders
Get notified when your system requires maintenance, air filter replacements, or experiences sudden temperature changes.
Control from Anywhere
Control your thermostat using your phone, tablet, computer, or Apple Watch through the app.
Smart Home Compatibility
ecobee works with most major smart home ecosystems including Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Alarm.com, Samsung SMARTTHINGS and more.
Is Renting a Boiler the Better Option for You?
Why Choose Enercare for Your New Boiler in Ontario
Here are just a few of the reasons to consider Enercare to install for your next boiler:
We carry makes and models from leading makers of high-efficiency units.
We’ll help you find the right-sized boiler for your home and your family’s needs.
We’re boiler installation experts. We hire only licensed technicians and secure all permits to speed up the work.
No surprises. The price we quote is the price you pay, including full boiler installation.
We offer a range of payment and financing options to fit your budget.
Get Expert Advice from our Energy Management Consultants
Our Energy Management Consultants (EMCs) can recommend the best boiler option for your home. They bring years of experience in the home comfort solutions industry to our no-cost, no-obligation home heating assessments. When they visit your home, they’ll look at every aspect of your needs: the age of your home, its insulation, the number of windows and doors and more. You’ll then get a fixed-price quote and payment options for a new boiler matched perfectly to your needs.
How an In-home Assessment Works
Call us or fill out the form below to schedule your free in-home assessment with an EMC.
An EMC will complete a no-cost, no-obligation assessment of your home and make recommendations.
The EMC secures all permits, does one final inspection and answers any questions before installation begins.
Get a Free No-obligation Price Quote on a Boiler
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch to discuss your Boiler needs.
Or call 1-855-642-8607 to speak to one of our experts now.
Three Types of Boilers
Modern high-efficiency boilers from Enercare distribute heat throughout your room more effectively than older models and use less energy than ever before.
A conventional boiler provides heat on-demand directly to your central heating system and heats water that can be stored in a tank. This option is ideal for large homes that have more than one bathroom.
High-efficiency System Boiler
A high-efficiency system boiler provides heat directly to your central heating system. It is more energy-efficient than a conventional boiler and can be installed in a smaller space.
Combination (Combi) Boiler
A combination boiler provides heat and hot water throughout your house without the need for a storage tank. These boilers have the highest efficiency ratings, can provide in-floor heating to multiple zones and can be installed in small spaces.
Boilers can be either condensing or non-condensing. A non-condensing boiler draws air from inside the room where it’s installed. A condensing boiler is fully sealed and draws air directly from the outside air through a hose and vent.
See our Definitive Guide to Boilers to learn more about different types of boilers and how to choose the right one for you or call us at 1-855-255-5458 to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation Home Assessment from one of our Energy Management Consultants.
Common Questions About Boiler Replacement
- The average price of a typical new natural gas or propane high-efficiency boiler in Ontario starts at $6,500. This includes standard installation from a fully insured and licensed company (including all licenses) and a one-year warranty.
- The lifespan of a boiler is typically between 13 and 17 years, but age is only one factor to consider in making your decision to replace it. Other reasons include safety, how frequently it breaks down, the quality of installation and improper sizing.
- With regular maintenance, a boiler can last up to 15 years. Age is the first reason to consider a replacement. Other things to consider are repair costs, efficiency ratings, malfunctioning equipment, leaks, or bad smells.
- Every home is unique and a number of factors impact the boiler size needed, including the size and age of your home, how many windows your home has, insulation, and specific homeowner requirements. To make sure you get the boiler size that best suits your needs, it’s crucial to have a professional visit your home to complete an evaluation to calculate heat loss and airflow. Incorrect sizing of a boiler may cause a shortened life of the equipment, higher utility costs and diminished comfort because your home is not warming up correctly. Combi boilers are a great space-saving option because of their compact size.
- Boilers use natural gas so they require a licensed professional to replace the equipment.
- Boilers with an ENERGY STAR label can be up to 19% more efficient than models that simply meet the U.S. federal minimum standard for energy efficiency.1 A boiler’s efficiency rating is dependent on how much fuel is wasted and how much fuel is used to produce a specific amount of heat. This is measured by something called the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency Rating (A.F.U.E.). Boilers with an A.F.U.E. rating of 85% or higher are considered to be high efficiency. Boilers with an ENERGY STAR® label are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.** Legal disclaimers: 1 – https://www.energystar.gov/products/most_efficient/boilers **- https://www.energystar.gov/products/heating_cooling/boilers
- Homeowners could use standalone humidification units.
More Ways to Keep Your Home Warm
Rent or Buy? How to Decide
Through our Enercare AdvantageTM rental program, you can get new high-efficiency equipment for $0 upfront.* That includes regular maintenance every two years and free repairs any time the unit breaks down.* Here are some facts to help you decide whether you want to rent or buy your boiler:
Your Enercare AdvantageTM rental gives you peace of mind with maintenance and repairs included for the life of your unit.* Our trained technicians carry out all their work to the highest standards of quality and timeliness.
|When you buy your unit, you take on the responsibility of paying for all repairs, parts and labour.
|You pay one predictable, competitive monthly fee for your Enercare AdvantageTM rental.
|You pay all up-front installation costs and assume ongoing costs of maintenance and repair.
|Enercare AdvantageTM gives you unlimited service calls and 24/7 access to 700+ certified technicians, with Same Day Service – call by 5 p.m. and we’ll be there as fast as the same day.1
|You may have some coverage under the manufacturer’s warranty, but that will expire at some point with an older unit. Even if a warranty is available, you will still need to find a third-party contractor to carry out servicing and repairs.
What Our Customers Think About Us
Reno fantasticBalmoral PharmasaveIn the last week
Rauf was the technician who visited my home today. He was excellent, in every way. Thank you!!Anita SternIn the last week
Raj was so helpful & efficient. He took a look at our water heater & was able to fix the issue quick (during the work day + a sick kid at home) this was such a GREAT help!Kim LounsburyIn the last week
Great job Jacob, thanks for the preventive service and recommendations.Adam MooreIn the last week
Rauf H is a very good technician! He really took the time to answer questions and provide the right information.MithuIn the last week
Robert and Tim were SO helpful when installing our new water heater. They gave us great information to make a decision on the best option for us. We switched from another company and couldn’t be happier with our choice!Megan YoungIn the last week
Rob was amazing. Fully explained how my HRV operates and how to maintain it. Went above and beyond for us!nancy buchananIn the last week
Dan B and Matt P are GREAT installers, hardest workers I know!Alycia BergeronIn the last week
Syed h technician from Enecare very happy with his job he did a very excellent and explaineable how everything works very good and intelligent great personalityAmeena PersaudIn the last week
I have a good experience with enercare. Person name Syed came to help me and fix my water tank as I was not getting hot water supply. Great customer service syed provided. It was auuck and efficient. Thanks to syedkomal valechaIn the last week
Joe was great! Definitely recommend!kim macmillanIn the last week
Juan Donoso was super helpful and being the fifth person to come, took the issue seriously and spent the time to rule out plumbing so we could focus back on the boiler which is having the issue. Thank you to Juan for the hours of patience and curiosity to dig in and help us. Beth and AnnikaJason DonnellyIn the last week
Where to Find a New Boiler
Find a location near you that offers new boilers and boiler replacement
Some areas we serve
- Toronto, ON
- Ottawa, ON
- Oshawa, ON
- North York, ON
- Mississauga, ON
- Barrie, ON
- St. Catharines, ON
- Hamilton, ON
- London, ON
- Oakville, ON
- Belleville, ON
- Kitchener, ON
Find Your Location
Enter your postal code to find services near you: