We are very excited to be in an industry that is a part of the new stimulus program, and to help play a part in the Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change.
Current rebates are applicable on ductless heat pumps and central forced air heat pumps.
Do you want to make your home more energy efficient? The Canada Greener Homes Grant can help you save money with:
- Up to $600 in rebates to cover the cost of a pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide energy efficiency home evaluation
- Up to $5,000 in rebates to help you make energy efficiency retrofits to your home
At this point in time due to provincial COVID-19 restrictions, all in-home retrofit energy home evaluations are currently on hold until further notice. Sign up for our waitlist and we will notify you as soon as energy audit evaluations are available.
Why should I do an energy efficiency home retrofit?
Energy efficient HVAC systems help cut energy costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. By upgrading to energy efficient equipment, you can save on your annual energy costs.
How do I qualify for a government energy rebate?
The retrofit has to be for your primary residence — which can be a detached, semi-detached, row townhouse or mobile home with a permanent foundation that you own. Only one homeowner per home is eligible for a rebate.
If you meet that criteria, here’s what you need to do next:
Register to the Greener Homes program
To participate, you have to register to the Greener Homes Program either by visiting the Natural Resources Canada’s Greener Homes Program portal or calling their 1-800 phone number. For more information, please visit Canada Greener Homes Grant webpage.
- Your name
- Phone number
- Type of house
- Address of your primary residence
- Proof of ownership with your property tax bill number (this number can be found on your municipal property documents)
- Proof of residence through either a drivers licence or government issued ID (with address), or utility bill
Complete an EnerGuide energy efficiency home evaluation
Before you start work on an energy efficiency retrofit, you need to get an EnerGuide evaluation from a registered energy auditor. The auditor will visit your home and provide a report with recommended upgrades to help lower your energy bill. (To get reimbursed by the government, be sure to keep copies of the invoices for this evaluation.)
Get a free in-home assessment with Enercare
Next, one of our Energy Management Consultants will be happy to complete a no-cost, no-obligation assessment of your home. Based on the findings of the EnerGuide evaluation, they’ll design the best HVAC solution for your home and your family.
Have your new equipment installed
After choosing a solution, our EMC will book an installation appointment that works with your schedule. The installation can take 1-2 days, depending on the size of the installation. They’ll also secure any permits needed for the job. (To get reimbursed, keep copies of all dated estimates and invoices for work done on your home energy retrofits.)
Book a follow-up energy assessment and receive your rebate
After your upgrades are complete, you need to book your post-retrofit evaluation through the Greener Homes Program portal and submit all your required documents online or by mail.
Why choose Enercare for home energy retrofits?
We’re rebate experts
Since 2008, we’ve conducted tens of thousands of energy assessments — helping customers reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption.
Upgrade through Enercare
Enercare offers two ways to get a new energy efficient heat pump:
- Purchase: We carry makes and models from industry-leading high-efficiency brands. The price we quote is the price you pay, including full installation — which can be done as soon as the next day.*
- Rental: Through our Advantage rental program, you can get new, high efficiency equipment for $0 upfront. That includes repair and maintenance for the lifetime of your equipment, plus priority appointment booking with same-day service.
If you’re experiencing urgent HVAC issues and require assistance immediately, please contact us at 1-855-328-0346
Join the waitlistCompleted the registration and need to schedule your initial EnerGuide energy evaluation? We can help.
Sign up for our waitlist and we will notify you as soon as energy audit evaluations are available.
We make home ownership easier for over 1 million Canadians, and we want to do the same for you.