Ultra-Efficient Air Source Heat Pump Rental with $0 Up-Front Costs**
- Free installation from licensed technicians. We also secure all permits in advance to speed up the work.
- Unlimited service calls** and reliable, 24/7 service.
- No extra charges for after-hours or weekend service calls.
A Greener Solution for Heating and Cooling
A heat pump is a highly efficient solution that can help keep your home comfortable in the summer and for much of the winter, depending on your climate. Compared to many other heating solutions, heat pumps offer:
Heat pumps can reduce energy consumption compared to electric resistance heating such as furnaces and baseboard heaters.
Fossil fuels made up more than 70% of greenhouse gas emissions related to residential space heating in 2019. By switching to a heat pump, you can help reduce emissions and improve air quality.
As well as keeping you warm or cool, a heat pump can help dehumidify a room when on cooling mode to keep you comfortable even on the hottest summer days.
Access to Rebates
Many heat pumps qualify for government and utility rebates, putting money back in your pocket.
Learn more about available rebates.
How Do Air Source Heat Pumps Work?
Unlike most heating systems, air source heat pumps move heat from one area to another. In the summer, the heat pump cools interior spaces by pulling heat from inside and sending it outside. In cold weather, the heat pump extracts heat from outdoor air and transfers it inside.
Because there’s less heat available to extract from the cold air outside during the winter months, air source heat pumps are typically most effective at heating your home during the milder shoulder seasons. Most units become less effective when outdoor temperatures drop below -10˚C, so you need a backup heat source to get through the coldest part of the year. Effective backup heat sources include energy-efficient gas furnaces and electric baseboard heating.
The Three Types of Air Source Heat Pumps
Depending on the space you’re trying to heat or cool, there are a few options to consider:
|Central/Hybrid heat pump system||Single-zone ductless heat pump||Multi-zone ductless heat pump|
|What it does||Integrates with central furnace duct system to switch seamlessly between furnace and heat pump based on temperature|
Can replace central air conditioning
|Works independently to deliver comfort to a single area or room||Uses a single outdoor unit to feed multiple indoor heads with no need for ducts|
Can deliver heating and cooling to different areas independently
|Best for||Full-home heating and cooling||Heating and cooling additions or small outbuildings||Multi-zone heating and cooling in homes without ducts|
How Much Does an Air Source Heat Pump Cost?
The cost of a new heat pump can vary significantly, depending on options and application. You can generally expect to pay $5,000 to $40,000 to purchase a new ductless and central heat pump system while only paying $80/month to $520/month for a rental system.
Get more out of your home, with an ecobee smart thermostat.
Receive an ecobee3 lite with the installation of your heating system and experience home comfort reimagined. Managing your home’s HVAC system has never been easier, with ecobee3 lite:
Reduced Energy Consumption
ecobee’s smart thermostats help keep your energy use low when you are not home, making way for energy consumption savings where it counts.
Alerts and Reminders
Get notified when your system requires maintenance, air filter replacements, or experiences sudden temperature changes.
Control from Anywhere
Control your thermostat using your phone, tablet, computer, or Apple Watch through the app.
Smart Home Compatibility
ecobee works with most major smart home ecosystems including Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Alarm.com, Samsung SMARTTHINGS and more.
Find Out Why a Heat Pump from Enercare May Be a Better Option for You
Here are just some of the reasons why Enercare is the best choice for your heat pump:
- We carry high-efficiency heat pump solutions from industry-leading manufacturers
- We’ll help you find and customize the right heat pump system for the size of your home and your family’s needs.
- We’re installation experts. We hire only licensed technicians and secure all permits in advance to speed up the work. And our installers will respect you and your property while in your home.
- No surprises. The price we quote is the price you pay, including full installation.
- We offer a range of payment and financing options to fit your budget.
What to Know About Renting a Heat Pump
Our Enercare AdvantageTM rental program is a convenient way to enjoy the benefits of a heat pump for $0 upfront**. It includes free repairs and maintenance for the lifetime of your equipment,** plus same-day service if you call by 5pm.*** We make renting a heat pump affordable and worry-free with:
- Free installation.**
- Competitive monthly rental rates.
- The ability to transfer your Enercare AdvantageTM program agreement to the next owner if you sell your home.
- Unlimited service calls** and reliable, 24/7 service from a team of trained and licensed technicians.
- No extra charges for after-hours or weekend service calls.
Lower Your Upgrade Cost With a Rebate
Because of their efficient performance, heat pumps are generally considered environmentally friendly options and are often eligible for rebate programs. Current rebates available include:*
- Enbridge Clean Home Heating Initiative, offering up to $4,500 for eligible air source heat pumps in London, St. Catharines, Peterborough and Sault Ste. Marie.
- Canada Greener Homes Initiative, offering up to $5,000 for homeowners who retrofit their homes with energy efficient products following a pre-retrofit home evaluation. Enercare offers several heat pumps that may qualify for this rebate, including the Carrier Hybrid and the Bosch BOVA.
- Home Efficiency Rebate Plus, offering up to $1,500 in additional rebates on top of the Canada Greener Homes Initiative, towards a new heat pump. For qualifying Enbridge customers only.
Visit our Rebates and Incentives page for more home rebate options.
Get a Free Quote on a New Heat Pump From Enercare
Get a complimentary visit on a new heat pump from our fully-licensed energy management consultant.
Frequently Asked Heat Pump Questions
- Heat pumps run on electricity rather than by burning fossil fuels, which helps reduce their carbon footprint. They’re also more energy efficient than many resistance-based electric heating sources, such as furnaces and baseboard heaters.
- It depends on the climate where you live, but in general, no. While there’s no temperature limit to a heat pump’s cooling ability, they become less effective and efficient at heating the colder it gets outside. On very cold days, you might want to switch to your furnace, which will likely be more efficient at low temperatures than your heat pump.
- In most cases, yes. A central heat pump can be integrated into your existing system and even fully replace your air conditioner. A ductless heat pump won’t connect directly to your existing system, but it can be used to provide complementary heating and cooling in a specific space.