January 23, 2018
4 easy ways to encourage recycling at home
Trying to be greener is something the whole family can take part in but how do you help kids get interested?
1. Keep it simple
- Set your family recycling cans in a high-traffic area, preferably near the garbage can.
- Prominently mark each can to help your kids separate recyclables.
2. Set clear goals
- Help your kids understand the impact recycling has on the environment.
- Provide a tangible goal like throwing out no more than three bags of trash each week.
- Keep track of each successful week.
- Treat your family to pizza at the end of a good month.
3. Work with them to conserve
- Teach your kids to not be wasteful with materials they already use.
- Have them draw on both sides of their paper or write on both sides in their notebook.
- Encourage them to use the same cup throughout the day.
- Donate clothing or toys your children have outgrown to a local charity.
4. Let them share in the profits
- Split any profits from recycled bottles or cans among your family members.