4 tips for a successful green move
JANUARY 23, 2018
Just because you are moving to a new house doesn't mean that you can't be green. Find out how to do it in a more environmentally-sensitive manner.
1. Consider which items are worth the move
- Inventory each item you're packing and determine if you really need it.
- Hold a garage sale or donate unwanted items to charity instead of throwing them away.
2. Seek out green moving materials
- Ask a restaurant or retail store for cardboard boxes for your move.
- Buy used cardboard boxes or locate them from other movers on freecycle.org.
- Avoid cardboard boxes altogether - rent reusable packing crates instead.
3. Opt for green packing materials
- Choose materials like recycled newspaper instead of using bubble wrap.
- Use old towels or clothes - pack and protect your items at the same time.
4. Check the trucks
- Look for environmentally-friendly movers in your area.