January 23, 2018
Top energy saving tips for your kitchen
The kitchen is the heart of the home, why not make it as efficient as possible.
- Ensure your fridge temperature is set correctly.
- Limit the number of times you open the refrigerator door - warm air gets in.
- Keep your fridge well stocked - it’s more energy efficient.
- Check the seals on your refrigerator door. Faulty seals let cool air escape and cause your fridge to run inefficiently.
- Dry your dishes by hand or let them air dry. Your dishwasher's drying cycle consumes a lot of energy.
- Replace your old, inefficient appliances with new, efficient, ENERGY STAR® appliances. Older appliances will still run inefficiently, even if you follow all of these tips.
- Use the right pot for the job - don't heat empty space.
- Use as few burners as possible. One burner instead of two cuts your energy usage in half.
- Turn down the burner once your water is boiling. You don't need to keep it on high to maintain that boil.
- Open the oven door as little as possible - warm air gets out, jeopardizing your oven's energy efficiency.