1. Keep it simple
- Set your family recycling cans in a high-traffic area, preferably near the garbage can.
- Prominently mark each can to help your kids separate recyclables.
2. Set clear goals
- Help your kids understand the impact recycling has on the environment.
- Provide a tangible goal like throwing out no more than three bags of trash each week.
- Keep track of each successful week.
- Treat your family to pizza at the end of a good month.
3. Work with them to conserve
- Teach your kids to not be wasteful with materials they already use.
- Have them draw on both sides of their paper or write on both sides in their notebook.
- Encourage them to use the same cup throughout the day.
- Donate clothing or toys your children have outgrown to a local charity.
4. Let them share in the profits
- Split any profits from recycled bottles or cans among your family members.
Enercare | 4 Easy Ways to Encourage Recycling at Home