1. Get your house ready
- Unplug or power down non-essential appliances before your departure, including electronics like the TV, computer or stereo.
2. Pack efficiently
- Pack only what you need - extra items mean extra weight, and reduced fuel efficiency.
- Lighter bags are easier to carry and less expensive to transport.
3. Reduce car use
- Use public transportation to and from the airport and to sites near your destination.
- Do a ride share with a program like Uber.
- Explore local sites on foot.
- Rent a smaller, more fuel-efficient car, when necessary.
4. Go paperless when possible
- Choose the airline’s ticketless options to reduce paper and improve check in times.
- Opt for paperless check in options at hotels if available.
5. Fly green
- Fly direct. It protects you against luggage loss, saves time and reduces emissions.
6. Treat your hotel room like home
- Turn off lights when they are not in use and use the air conditioner less.
- Opt against daily towel and linen service.
7. Shop smart for souvenirs
- Buy eco-friendly souvenirs.
- Choose smaller, lighter items that minimize the added luggage weight.
- Choose items that are locally made or made from re-usable materials.
Enercare | 7 Green Living Tips for Travellers