Here are several flood control fixes you can make to help prevent stormwater runoff and flash floods from damaging your home.
- Slope soil away from your home's foundation, decks and porches.
- Look for holes or cracks in your foundation and completely fill these with vinyl concrete patching.
- Clean out eavestroughs and downspouts in the fall and spring, and use downspout extensions to carry water away from your foundation.
- Plug holes or cracks in your eavestroughs, downspouts, downspout extensions and seal these with silicon caulk.
- Install a sump pump in your basement.
- Consider having a fullport backwater valve (or backflow preventer) installed onto your home's sewer line by a qualified Enercare plumber. In the event of a back-up, the valve closes to prevent water from entering your home.
Enercare | Protect Your Home Against Flooding