Important Information for Enercare Customers who Pay through Enbridge Gas
If you’ve been paying your Enercare charges through your Enbridge Gas bill, we look forward to welcoming you to our own direct billing platform, which is expected to launch in 2023.
As early as March 2023, a limited number of customers will be moved to Enercare Direct Billing. However, most customers will be transitioned later in 2023 and into 2024. If you have already been notified that your account is being transitioned, you may be required to take action. If you are yet to receive communication from us, continue to pay your Enercare charges through Enbridge Gas as you do now, and we’ll contact you when it’s time to move over to our new billing platform. In the meantime, feel free to bookmark this page for updates about the billing transition.
We are excited for this opportunity to interact directly with more of our valued customers. We are continually investing in our platforms and services to ensure you can do business with us the way that you prefer. In addition to our new billing platform, we recently launched a new self-serve web app that will make it easier to schedule an appointment, find out exactly when your technician will arrive and more. You can also use My Account for easy access to appointment booking and account information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have you received an email/direct mail letter from us about changes to your bill?
- If you have received letters or emails from us regarding the Enercare Direct Billing Program, this means that it is time for you to take action. Follow the instructions in the letter or email to set up your Enercare account and start receiving your bill directly from Enercare.
- Check your spam for a missed email or your mailbox for a letter from Enercare. You will know the email is authentic if it comes from the email “[email protected]”. You can also call us on 1-855-255-5451 and our customer service representative will be happy to assist you with account registration.
- There are two ways for you to verify that the message you’re getting is from Enercare. 1) The email sender name will come from email address “[email protected]” 2) For either email or letter, there will be a unique web link or a QR code. You can also scan the QR code with your smartphone camera or you can call us at 1-855-255-5451 to confirm this for you.
- Check your spam for a missed email from us or your mailbox for a letter from us. You will know if the email is authentic if it comes from domain “[email protected]”. You can also call us on 1-855-255-5451 and our customer service representative will be happy to help you with this confirmation.
- Setting up preauthorized payments or credit on your Enercare billing account is easy. First set up your account, by following the steps outlined in the email or letter we sent you. Once your account is set up, you can then easily set preauthorized payment based on the steps outlined on your account page. If you need assistance with this, please call 1-855-255-5451.
Billing Transition Questions
- To support you even better and ensure a seamless experience with us, Enercare is working towards a direct billing relationship with you, our valued customer. Today, you see your Enercare charges in the “Charges From Other Companies” section of your Enbridge Gas bill. Starting in March 2023, Enercare will begin transitioning some of our customers to a direct billing relationship with us. When this happens for you, your Enercare charges will be removed from your Enbridge Gas bill and you’ll get a bill and options for easy payment, directly from Enercare.
- Enercare and Enbridge Gas Distribution are separate companies and are not affiliated in any way.
- We will contact you via email or letter when we are ready to welcome you to our new billing platform. A limited number of customers will be moved to Enercare Direct Billing as early as March 2023, but most customers will be transitioned later in 2023 and into 2024. If you have already been notified that your account is being transitioned, you can expect to receive your first bill from us on your next bill cycle. We will be offering simple payment options that allow you to easily make payments directly to Enercare Home Services. If you are yet to receive communication from us or have received communications and yet to receive your first Enercare bill from us, continue to pay your Enercare charges through Enbridge Gas, as you do today.
- If you’re paying Enercare charges through your Enbridge Gas bill, you’ll see Enercare listed in the “Charges From Other Companies” section of your Enbridge Gas bill (usually on the third page).
- If you have not received any communication from us, there’s no action you need to take at this time. When it’s time to make the switch, we’ll send you all the information that you need. In the meantime, you can bookmark this page to keep up with the latest news about the billing transition.
- If you have always received an Enercare bill directly from Enercare, those charges will continue to be billed to you on the Enercare bill and your Enbridge Gas charges will continue to be billed by Enbridge Gas. If you have recently transitioned to Enercare Direct Billing and are yet to receive your first bill from Enercare, you may continue to receive your Enercare charges on your Enbridge Gas bills. If this happens, please pay the Enercare charges via your Enbridge Gas bills. If you received your first Enercare bill from us, you should pay the charges using the payment options listed in the Enercare bill.
- Any Enercare charges billed on the Enbridge Gas bill are payable to Enbridge Gas. Any collection activity will remain with Enbridge Gas and you should discuss with them directly. If you have received communications from us that you have been moved to Enercare billing and have received your first bill directly from us, you are advised to remit the amount on your bill in full to Enercare Home Services using the payment methods listed on your invoice.
- Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to accommodate this request. We will communicate directly with you as we know more about when your billing will start on the Enercare bill.
- For as long as you continue to receive your Enercare charges on the Enbridge Gas bill, you should advise Enbridge Gas when you move out. Once you begin to receive an Enercare bill, you will need to contact Enercare directly to provide your move information. You can provide this information online through your Enercare online billing account.
- Your Enercare bill due date appears on the top right-hand corner of your Enercare bill.
- If you have received your first bill from us and set up pre-authorized payment, you should allow a 30–60-day processing time before you can expect your first PAP withdrawal. A **Pre-Authorized Payment Notice** will appear on your bill when the withdrawals have been set-up. Continue to pay any outstanding balance using the options listed in your Enercare bill until your withdrawals begin.
- Yes, you can correct the account information on your bill by calling our Enercare customer service team for assistance. If you need assistance with this, please call 1-855-255-5451.
- If you made payment through online banking or credit card to your Enercare account, it may take 5-10 business days for the payment to reflect in your Enercare account. Once the payment is reflected, you will see the payment indicated on your next Enercare bill. Payments made via cheque may take up to 10 business days to reflect in your account.
Get the Latest News
This page will be kept up to date with key information about our new billing platform, so we recommend bookmarking it and visiting it regularly to stay informed.