Avoid costly damage caused by water
AUGUST 15, 2018
Most people have either experienced water damage in their home or know someone who has.
Water damage is responsible for 23% of homeowner’s property losses annually. The longer a leak goes undetected the more damage it can do and the more costly it can become – upwards of $20,000 for a repair.
Most homeowners insurance will cover the cost of the damage but it can’t replace sentimental items like photos or memorabilia.
How to avoid water damage in your home
- Use an Enercare Smarter Home Water Leak Sensor that can be placed under a sink, by a toilet, behind your washing machine, etc.
- Have an Enercare Smarter Home Water Valve Shut-off so you can turn off the main water line in your home if a leak exists so you can minimize the damage until the leak is fixed.
- Have your plumbing pipes checked by a licensed plumber
- Make sure to winterize your home’s plumbing
- Add an Enercare Smarter Home Temperature Sensor in an area in your home that gets cold and is near plumbing – like a crawl space. If the temperature dips to a very low point, you can set up a notification that lets you know about the cold before your pipes freeze.