You rely on your water heater every day. It’s one of the most used pieces of equipment in your home that you probably never think about. We don’t think you should either.
Your home's hot water should be worry-free. That's why we offer high-quality, energy-efficiency water heaters designed to do one thing: work so well you don't have to think about them.
If you’re considering upgrading your water heater here are some things you need to know. When deciding to rent or buy your water heater, there's more than just the purchase price to consider. Have you considered the additional costs of buying a water heater? How do you value your time and peace of mind?
Enercare | Heating Water - Water Heater Rental
When renting your water heater you won’t need to worry about additional costs. These costs can add up quickly, including:
- Installation fees – a licensed technician is required to install your new tank.
- Diagnostic charges – what happens when something goes wrong? How much will you pay just to get someone to your home? How soon can they arrive?
- Parts and labour costs – are you prepared to pay hundreds of dollars in parts and labour costs when a breakdown happens?
Breakdowns always happen when you least expect it and can be very expensive. The chart below provides a quick overview of just some of the costs associated with typical repairs.
Typical Water Heater Repairs2
|Parts||(Rental Tank)||Parts and Labour Costs (Customer Owned Tank)|
2 Ventor Motor Estimate: $99 for 1 hour labour, plus $129 diagnostic fee, plus $499 for the part = $727.00 plus HST ($821.51 tax incl.). Gas Valve Estimate: $99 for 1 hour labour, plus $129 diagnostic fee, plus $499 for the part = $727.00 plus HST ($821.51 tax incl.). Flame Sensor Estimate: $99 for 1 hour labour, plus $129 diagnostic fee, plus $129 for the part = $357.00 plus HST ($403.41 tax incl.). Thermocouple Estimate: $99 for 1 hour labour, plus $129 diagnostic fee, plus $19 for the part = $247.00 plus HST ($279.11 tax incl.).
We value and respect your time. Have you considered that renting your water heater is:
- Worry-free. If you have no hot water and call before 5:00 PM we will be there as soon as the same day.†
- Convenient. We will book an appointment when you want it and call before we arrive.
- Stress-free. Don’t spend time searching for a reputable contractor who might not have the knowledge or parts for your water heater.
- Hassle-free. What do you do when your warranty ends? With a rental water heater it’s like having a never-ending warranty.
Peace of Mind
With a rental water heater – you can enjoy peace of mind.
- You’re fully covered for any repairs or a full replacementi
- There are no parts or labour exclusionsi
- You know exactly who to call for diagnosis and repairs
What You'll Enjoy
With a new rental water heater, you'll enjoy:
- FREE installationii
- QUALITY work – 700 highly-trained, licensed technicians
- COMPETITIVE monthly rental rates
- RELIABLE service
- PROTECTION – Parts and labour coverage for repairsi
- STABILITY – One of the largest home services providers in Canada
- SUPPORT – We're here 24/7 ready to take your call
- TRANSFERABLE – To the next owner should you sell your home
We are committed to providing competitive rental rates and consistent and reliable service.
With over 700 licensed technicians performing over 600,000 maintenance and service calls every year, we’re experienced and know what needs to get done to ensure your family’s comfort.
Customer Rating of 3.9 based on 353 Google reviews
† Available to Enercare's Heating/Cooling protection plan customers, rental water heater customers and/or rental HVAC customers whose equipment is not operational (for example – no heat, no cooling or no hot water). On average, Enercare attends to furnace/boiler, central air conditioner, or water heater non-operational calls 90% of the time the same day. Subject to exclusions in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable protection plan or rental agreement.
i Some limitations apply. See rental agreement terms and conditions for details.
ii Some limitations apply. See rental agreement terms and conditions for details.
1 Offer ends June 30, 2016. Cannot be combined with any other offer and is only available to new customers who enter into a new rental water heater contract with Enercare Home Services. We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer at any time without prior notice. Certain terms and conditions apply. Residential customers will receive a $100 prepaid MasterCard card for new installation of all natural gas and electric water heater models. There is no restriction on the number of times the prepaid card may be used (up to their maximum dollar value). The prepaid card cannot be exchanged for cash. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of the MasterCard card once the water heater is installed. ®MasterCard and the MasterCard logo are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. Cards are issued by Citibank, Canada pursuant to a license from MasterCard International and managed by Citi Prepaid Services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted.
View Terms and Conditions.